Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Carriage Ride with the McKoys - Oh Remmy!!!

Oh how Tristan looooooves his uncle Kelby! Little cutie(s) :)


And there is Maddox (Mr. Handsome) Auntie Jennifer (hello supermodel) and Ryan (Rye-Rye the Princess)

We had a blast but I have to tell you... it was odd. We ended up driving with Santa's Cussing Elf. I'm not kidding. This woman (and her name was Bunny) - was nuts. She was very - well, nice... but quite crude. And I can cuss with the best of 'em but she put me to shame (thankfully).
So we strolled through Highland Park and checked out all the rich, fancy houses. We heard lots of gossip and interesting stories. Ya know, the Who's Who of Dallas... like we could care. We laughed and told stories. Jennifer and I panicked about kids being warm enough and it was a chilly 79 degrees. It was greatness! We had snacks and drank wine and I loved every second of it.


We even were driven by Remmington. Remmy as I liked to call him... is the Guiness World Book of Records tallest horse. He is a black Clydesdale. I don't know how to spell that but you get the picture. AND ...I... LOVED ... HIM! He was a naughty little guy (hence part of our drivers cussing) but he was stubborn and so am I so we had an understanding.
At one point the "breaks" broke so Cussing Bunny asked me to stand in front of Remmy. Apparently, when you stand in front of him, he won't move. Thankfully it worked.
Isn't he handsome? I seriously love this horse.

Anyway, Kelby jumped off and helped the Cussing Elf fix things and then we were on our merry little way. A couple of times he tried to show the cars who was boss and barrell us through stop signs and traffic lights... Bunny flipped... and cussed... and for some reason I thought it was hilarious. Not sure why but it WAS funny. It was stinky though because Ry and Maddox are at an age that they can pick that up. Jennifer said she'd let me know if she got home and Ry was cussing and throwing toys this week. Oye! Sure hope not!!!
Once we got back we headed over to Chili's for dinner. What an event that was. Three tired, excited, VERY happy kids. They all appeared starving when we got there and I'm quite sure they didn't eat a thing (which surprisingly flips Kelby out so he and I traded... "does your kid ever eat" stories. Moments like those make me feel normal).
This other horse is Chief. He was pretty and I loved him until I saw OUR horse. And again...Chief, you are a cutie. But you've got nuttin' on my Sossy!!



We've decided to make it an annual tradition with the McKoys. I think next year we'll research the company a little more. I don't want any of the kiddos swearing at Santa when he comes down the chimney!!

No comments:

Post a Comment