Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Job is my hero

Dear Job,

I read about you in the Bible and your story baffles me.  I don't know how you survived it...just personally getting up and doing another day.  I've had a HORRID 3 days and haven't come close to dealing with what you have.  I have a new respect for you and I'm glad God put you in the Bible so I can still see how tiny my struggle is.

________________________

Well, Wednesday, I was very sick at work... T had just been called home from school and my bosssent me home from work.  He hasn't done that in 4 years.  On my way out... getting in my car - I realized my car was D-E-A-D.  I was A-N-G-R-Y.  I was sick, tired and Holt was home with T who just went down for a nap because he was sick.  My car was jumped twice and it shook as I drove home.  My guages went insane, it was crazy, I was scared and I was screaming to (not at) my mom the whole way home in the car.  This was nothing.....

Thursday, I got home from work and was packing for T and I. See, we were off to Lexington, KY to spend the weekend with three of our best friends.  John, Ginger and Collin.  There is just something about being with our friends that settles me.  Their son Collin is one month  younger than Tristan, they are Tristan's guardians and two of our best friends.  Ginger is more like Holt... fun, laid back, life of the party... and John and I - well we are also the life of the party as long as things are safe, and orderly...and like me...he balances the budget EVERY night.  So when I'm ready to kill Holt and I'm griping to Ging, I hear her silently chuckle...listen and then give me their side (hers and Holt's of course) - it's nice.

Anyway, I fully packed T and I and was headed to bed when Holt came home from James and Sue's where he had watched the game.  He informed me that he had just drove home and tossed his cookies in our driveway.  Ick..bad wine or bad food I guess.  Or so I thought...

I headed to bed (in the guest bedroom) because if he was getting a cold I didn't want it. As I said, Tristan had just been out of school for a day because he had a belly ache.  yeah... a belly ache.  At this point 2 + 2 still = 7 so I wasn't thinking anything could REALLY be wrong.

At 3:23am I heard Holt scream my name.  I flew out of bed and ran in.  he'd been getting sick every 10 minutes since 10pm and hadn't slept a wink.  I got up, gave him a bucket, some Gatorade, some water and took the dogs out because at this point they were all worked up.  I came back in to find Holt worse than before.  It was B-A-D.  I emailed John and Ginger that things didn't look good but to pray for us.  I fell back asleep at about 5am for about 30 minutes but Holt was SO sick.  I mean SO sick.  I knew we weren't going.  So I called American, canceled our trip, emailed John and Ging, canceled the dog walker, emailed Ruth Ann that Holt couldn't help with Sam's feedings and then called my mom.  I didn't know if I should call 911 or not, Holt was in a bad way (on top of this he blew out his back and couldn't walk and any movement - let alone the violence of the kind of cookie tossing he was doing) was excruciating).  he finally fell asleep at about 5:30am and then Tristan woke up at 6am so I was up.  It was NOT fun.  Mind you, I am still very sick.  Bronchitis is NOT pleasant, I couldn't breathe, couldn't sleep, couldn't eat... nothing.  Weak and tired... my jaw is killing me from my sinus infection issues and I'm pretty sure I had a fever.

8am Holt woke up and I called the doc.  I had a 1pm for him, but changed it to 11am.  Since he couldn't move at all... and he was awake, I called back and changed it to 9:30am so in we went.  They gave him a shot of phenegren (or something like that) and he was in VERY bad pain.  I knew it would make him feel better but for the moment, he was again, in a bad way.

So we went home.  Thankfully it was time for T's nap so we all passed out for a few hours.  Somehow, someway, I had the energy to get up, walk the dogs and head to the grocery store.  I got the bare essentials - bread, crackers, etc... and headed back home.  I took T to the park just to get some fresh air.  Then I came home and cleaned up after Holt's "mess". man, you know you really love someone when you clean THAT up.  WOW! Thankfully 8pm came quickly and Tristan went to bed and so did we.  We slept until 9am.  I haven't done that in 7 years.

Saturday.... appeared to be better......

No comments:

Post a Comment