Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fort Worth Air Show

Saturday we celebrated feeling slightly alive and took T to the airshow.  The walk from where we parked just about killed me. I should have known this wasn't the best idea.  I'm glad we went, it was fun and it made me think of my Dad, he would have loved to be there with us had we been human....









I wanted to get in here SO bad...

Or here...

But i felt so crappy that I was thankful that T wasn't older begging me to wait in all the lines to go inside.

I've got years of that coming so I was thankful for a pic!

This ones for Grandpa... look what was there?  THE STEARMAN!


 then I asked this guy to hold T's hand... he was sweet about it.

Not sure what I was doing...







 T had fun, screamed PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE for hours...

I was so thankful that we went but the moment I sat in the car I realized we had done too much. I WAS hurting!

He woke up happy and played with the plane we bought him...

Cutie was hot as you can probably see by his pink cheeks...


then he took my camera and took pics of me.  not bad for a 1 year old

too cute!  he tries to be such a big boy!!


So we got home, I made him so food and at 7pm, I fell asleep.  I didn't make the whole Rangers game, heck, I passed out before Tristan.

Holt put him in bed at 8pm and I crawled into our room shortly after only to wake up at 7am this morning. I slept 12 hours straight which I don't think I've done since I had the flu in 1998. HORRIBLE.

So needless to say, I am taking it easy today. I haven't really eaten since Thursday because I was so afraid I was going to get the stomach bug, I didn't want to throw up food... plus I wasn't hungry.  So today, I'll try and eat, I'll relax.  We're skipping church today, laying low.  I'm going to attempt to make my pathetic Halloween costume and we'll take t out to a few houses in our neighborhood.

I haven't cried yet about missing our vacation.  It's the ONE thing I needed more than anything so I'm sure I will... but for today, I'm just thankful that we are on the road back to healthy. 

Holt's back is still out but he'll go to the doc this week and get "fixed" - my bronchitis... well, I think this takes a month but I'm coughing less so that's good and T appears to be getting better as well.  Think today we'll just focus on resting and relaxing and eating a healthy meal.

Again, Job, I respect you more than I can say... this felt like a plague... and I know it wasn't but somehow we survived this and please God... spare us this all at the same time in the future.

hope you enjoyed the pics!

(PS - I decided to put this in the blog so that if Tristan very asks..."Mom, my wife and I are so sick and I think Tristan Jr. is too... did this every happen to you and Dad?" I can say: "Yes...go read the blog!!")

(mind you as I type this, I still have on my clothes and makeup that I wore THERE because I've been too sick to give a crap)

No comments:

Post a Comment