Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Monday, October 11, 2010

BOO!

Decorating is SO fun.. and I have to keep it age appropriate... so I steal ideas out of magazines, go home and re-create!

So I had Halloween paper from Target that I got for $1... stuck it in a $4 frame and added a $.50 spider... next to two candle holders that were $2 each and add a spider web! 



Here's the overall effect.. like it?
My Mummy-Kin cracks me up.. he is SO funny!


I glued his little googly eyes on and couldn't stop chuckling...



Had to keep the outside nice and simple.  Pumpkins aren't real so I can use them each year.. .and i loved the brooms... just have to spray them so they "keep" ... I'll buy something like a cute witch or a black cat once everything goes on sale. I buy decorations after the season to save money but haven't had a little one to decorate for ... sooooo, I'll be making up for it once the sales start!


Next year, I'm making a ghost fence for T...

Holt will have to make the sticks/posts... then I will take styrofoam balls and drape sheets over them and give googly eyes or something... they will line the walkway :)

Yup, stole that idea too. they aren't so creepy that they will scare T, they will be happy ghosts...

oh and then this...

EYE seeeeee you!!!

Can't get them to stay ON the tree... figuring that out now... hopefully by the time I get home, they haven't flown away.


Close-up of the other spider - got lucky and had that cool paper...


Man, this stuff is fun!  If I only have this much luck with T's Halloween costume... *GULP*  we'll see.



Oh and wait 'til you see what's up for Turkey Day... *GRIN*

No comments:

Post a Comment