Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Monday, May 17, 2010

T's first funeral

Well, Holt's Aunt Martha died and we headed off to Tyler for the viewing (wake) and funeral.  He just haaaaaaad to say hi to everyone under the sun and of course couldn't find his inside voice SOOOOO - we missed the wake and sat in the car and listened to country tunes. 

I was sad not to hear all the great things that were said about her but I was happy to be there.

Here is the little man all decked out... I hope  you enjoy because he won't be dressed like this much :)





Check out the horns - too funny!


and his new profile pic that you saw....



He couldn't be cuter!

It was sad to be at a funeral but Holt and I have decided that it's important for him to see death and understand that it's painful but joyful also when we KNOW that they have gone to a better place.  I lost a lot of animals as a kid so I know the sting around death but I think that it made me appreciate life even more.  So we will have to find creative ways to share with him as he gets older so he can understand but not be broken by it.  I saw a show last night and the mom had died...and the dad knew he was about to and he said to his daughter "well, just so you know you have had to deal with all of the hard stuff at once... so... don't grow up being a scared person.  You have faced the bad stuff already so now, you have nothing to fear".  It broke my heart to watch (and it's just Hollywood) but isn't that true in life?  When we face this stuff, it prepares us for life and allows us to cope easier each time.  We survived X, Y & Z.... that makes this a walk in the park.  God help us with this one!!!


Anyway, on a happier note:

We spent lots of time just hangin' at the lake, it was nice and relaxing... a MUCH needed break from life



This thing is like Zim Zam... remember that Dad?  I LOVED that game and didn't think they made it anymore!!!










Holt in his favorite spot (but the boat died so it wasn't his favorite boat moment for sure)

Poor Mali...she needs some work!  Anyone need a new house so we can afford to fix her? 




In his favorite place when he's tired... with his Da Da!!


Pooped!

Sunday was my favorite family day we have ever had .... so more on that ... soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment