Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hoppy Easter but truly I celebrate Him!!

Well, I know I'm early ... but I really struggled with this "holiday".  YOu see, I don't take Easter lightly.  For all of you calling me a Jesus Freak... congrats, you are right... I am.  I am 100% sold out for my faith and while I don't always live it out - my heart cries to be better than who I am today.

So, what did I want for Tristan?  Well, I wanted and hope to remain wanting a mix.

I love the Easter Bunny. I think he rocks.  I think that having him come and leave gifts, well.. it's F-U-N and I will never take that away from Tristan.  Our Easter was filled with baskets and gifts... cards and eggs - it was a blast.  BUT, it was missing something.  Tristan is too little to "get it" and too young to understand that this holiday isn't about the bunny, it's about a Savior.  So going forward, I will find ways to celebratethe bunny, the fun wonder of it all..but we will see the joy in Christ being the risen God that lives within us.  I will not allow my son to go one more year without hearing truth.  Today I sat down with him and read the Easter Story that my friend Jennifer gave us. It was awesome.  Well, for me of course... Tristan just laughed and played but I prayed that his little tiny spirit would know and hear... they say to plant a seed and today, I started.

Next year - we'll do the bunny BUT... we will make a MUCH bigger deal about the Man who has risen... who has saved us and who IS alive today!!

I've heard of these so I bought them....

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?Ntt=+Resurrection+Eggs%2C+English+%26+Spanish+Text%2C+Updated&N=0&Ntk=keywords&action=Search&Ne=0&event=ESRCN&nav_search=1&cms=1&search=


I also think we will make a point of reading the Easter Story and doing something of sacrifice.. not sure what... but I'll figure something out!  Same goes for Christmas .. we'll have a good mix!

God bless you all - Happy Easter!!  Thank you Lord for all you have done and continue to do in my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment