Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Guess what? We have a birdie!! Thanks Dad.....

I am SO thankful for my dad. For as long as I can remember... he handed me snakes and birds and fish and turtles, gerbils, hamsters and bunnies - cats and dogs and bats and lions and tigers and moles..... and so on and so on and so on.  A year ago  - he brought me to an Alpaca farm.. my whole life he's pulled over to the side of the road so I could pet horses and he's made sure I didn't get shot when I snuck up to farms to pet cows. May I be THAT mom to Tristan because it has truly made me a better person.  I have told a thousand stories about my dad and it JUST occured to me... he loves animals like I do or he would never have guided me.  He loves life and health and the well being of what God has trusted us with.  I love you for that Dad and I truly hope I can pass that on to Tristan.

Holt called me while I was bathing Tristan... he said, check over the compost bin.  I found a parakeet... broken wing/foot.  He looked ok, but I knew he was in bad shape. I put my finger under his chest (like my dad taught me with MY parakeet) and he wouldn't budge.  BUT, he didn't bite me so I knew he was tame.  Yot don't see parakeets in your yard every day.

I immediately felt sad though.  Like me (and my stupid open window) a bird has lost his home, lost his family.  There may be some girl crying somewhere because her sweet birdie is gone.

I named him Tweety.


The HILARIOUS (God) thing is..today for NO reason... I bought bird food. We no longer have a bird feeder.  Yeah, like I said.. GOD.  So I had food and he chowed. I mean.. CHOWED.  He fought me for a second and then snuggles right into my hand.  I love him. So, tomorrow - I will put up signs, take him to the vet and then if no one takes him, I will.  Holt said Tristan would either start with a Chinchilla or a Hamster... SUCKA.... it might be a bird.  :)

Here is his home for tonight.



My neighbors have a cage that I can borrow but he's broken and I need him to be checked out.  I wil take care of him regardless.  Poor little guy!

I feel like Snow White.  But moreso I feel like my Dad has raised me to care for the animals of this world.  Thank you Dad...and I mean it.  Animals have always and always will make my world a better place.  You gave me a gift that I pray I pass on.  I love you!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad it meant something special to you Julie. I always enjoyed the way you responded to animals. God loves them and we should too.
    I love You. Hug Tristan for me. I miss you guys so much!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete