Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Sunday, August 8, 2010

More Yankee fun

"The" family photo once again :)



Auntie T growing her hair back - we are SO thankful that the cancer is GONE!!



And she bought me these sunflowers, I LOVE THEM!!

Tristan learned how to feed the ducks

and he kept looking at us doing "more, MORE" in sign language - too cute!

Cousins!!!
Grandma bought T a new puzzle.... he loves it!

Sissys having a cocktail

Handsome boy...
Tired boy...


Tristan looooooooooves his Uncle Lee!!

Every time he was around, Tristan clapped and jumped up and down
Zach and Dex... the madman not in action... you rarely see him sit still
Zach moves around once in a while too ;)


Grandpa bought Tristan bubbles (one of his new favorite words)

We met this doggie at Hoopes Park while we were home.  I can't tell you the memories that came flooding back.  I have a thousand stories of this park and it was so awesome to watch Tristan begin to make his own there.  So beautiful!

Tristan going down the slide at Mommy's elementary school
I was a Herman Ave Hooter... no comments please...
yes, I was a Hooter girl!!
Daddy IS the slide... this picture cracks me up!

This rock holds a thousand of my secrets, I have climbed it many, MANY times as a kid and a few times as a teenager.  It was kind of my thinking rock and SO awesome that it's still there!!

Rock shot #2
Tristan found the John Deer at Aunt Trisha and Uncle Mikes... think he liked it?

he rode one this past Saturday too, Sissy's neighbor was sweet enough to drive T around (and around, and around) on it while he mowed the lawn.  Good times for T - thanks Pat!

It has been so awesome to be home with my family.  I left home at 18 and never moved "back home" again, so sometimes when I come home, the nostalgic part of me comes out and I so badly want to be back here.  There is so much here that NY has to offer... so much family, so many friends but let's not forget - SO MUCH SNOW!  UGH!  It's awesome to come home, I'm thankful that Tristan will have a place like this to visit.  A place that's still safe to play hide-and-go-seek, a place that has drive-in movies and little league fields.... a place that makes my heart smile.

So, no matter how happy I am that I've experienced some of this world, that I've taken risks and lived my life the way I wanted to... I miss my friends, I miss my family, I miss my state.  It's good to be home... I love you New York and I'm thankful that you are my history.

1 comment:

  1. We miss you, Holt & Tristan terribly Julie. But....we lived it up while you were here and no matter how long we get to see you all, and how much time in between, it's always so special to have you with us!!! Love you, Aunt Trisha & Uncle Mike

    ReplyDelete