Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Where are the Barbers?

I know - I know... where in the world have we been? Let's see... BUSY!  (Red is reminding me that I owe you pictures!!)

Here's a little recap for all of my sweet friends that are wondering.

First of all, our house is on the market. Well, it has been for a while, but we still haven't had any solid bites. A ton of people are looking at it but we're not sure where we want to live so we thought we'd try and sell and then figure it out. But for now, Carrollton it is. Holt has been working on a patio for our back yard. I'll post some pictures (he's almost done) I am SO proud of him! 



Holt is also busy scheming his way to a bachelor party in Vegas (he thought it was funny to throw in "ya know, like The Hangover") - oh geez!  I will NOT be hi-liting this red. W hat happens in Vegas...staaaays in Vegas!

I have been busy as ever starting my side business... Virtually There. It's a virtual admin company. I have one client.. my friend Michelle from Chicago. I can't take anyone else on yet, I technically wasn't even ready for her but she needed me so I said yes. I am almost done with my terms and conditions, I have my business card 1/2 togehter and I'm working on a web presence... maybe on blog page, not sure yet - and then I'll be done. I'm not going to really market myself until I can afford to do this for more than one or two people. Someday... yes, SOME DAY I'd like to work for myself but for now... I work for THE MAN.

Speaking of THE MAN... Tristan is doing great! He is the joy of our lives and we couldn't ask for a better kid. I've been really bad about pictures but I have posted some videos on YouTube. Just put in jbarber2116 and you'll see his cute little body running all over the place like a madman.

Holt and I are also 99% DEBT FREE! Can you believe it? We have his car to pay off and then we are D-O-N-E! This has taken us a loooong time. This has cause A LOT of fights and many tears have been shed. I'm not kidding when I say - Dave Ramsey and Financial Peace University saved us. It SIGNIFICANTLY helped our marriage and it has kept us from fighting about money at all. We now GET IT.. we SAVE for things we want. Can you believe it? Such old school thinking? We don't use credit cards and try and FIND ways to pay them off. WE SAVE. BRILLIANT don't you think? I am ashamed at our past spending, I am ashamed at our past mistakes but I'm praying that it leads us to NOT make them in the future. Hopefully we have learned and will teach Tristan a better way.

http://www.daveramsey.com/fpu/get-started/

Trust me... you should DO IT!!!

We are also doing our best to re-establish date night.  YES it is VERY important but we couldn't do a ton until we were out of debt and could afford to do STUFF and get a babysitter.  So, our first venture out was to Cirque Du Soleil and it rocked... the clowns were hilarious and these freaky things, I called them a cross between Sleestaks and Puffalumps!



Let's see... what else? Well, we are headed to Chicago so we can meet little Xander Hill and Tristan gets to meet Xander, Daniel & Liz.. all of our other million friends in Chicago that we can squeeze in and hang with his Auntie Deb and little cousin Seth. They are going to have a blast. I will DEFINITELY post pictures from that trip, I promise.

This weekend we are headed to Auntie Connie's house to meet her little puppy Molly Marie... again, there WILL be pictures -Holt will be playing paint ball but I doubt I'll have pics of that!!. Next weekend is sweet little Kinley's first birthday and then after Chicago we are going on an Easter Egg hunt with James, Davis and Grace Jones! Yowza - busy, busy times.

I am very excited for Easter. I have the cutest little gifts for the kiddos at daycare, a little something special for a few others.. and of course I can't wait to see what the Easter Bunny does for T. All events will bring on more pictures for the blog! Most of all though, I am SERIOUSLY discussing with Holt family traditions that we want to offer to Tristan. The Easter Bunny does rock but I want my son to understand what Easter IS.. and I want us to celebrate Jesus as well so the challenge is before us in how we do that. It's not all about the creation and who came first (the chicken or the egg) ... but the Creator!!

My mom then comes for a visit and I can't wait.  We always have fun!  I've even somehow talked her into doing the March Of Dimes March for Babies walk.  Tristan and I planned on walking and she'll be joining me and the rest of the Balfour Beatty team!

Trying to schedule a trip to Atlanta for May to see Ya-Ya Lisa and Thaddy........... we miss them so ..and then also a little trip to Charlotte, NC.. always wanted to go and since Tristan is still free to fly this year we need to take FULL advantage!!

On May 29th we are going to see Wicked... and I am SO excited I might pop.  There is a group of us from work and I can't wait. I have wanted to see it FOREVER!  We are also trying to start playing tennis every Monday at 5:30pm and dancing every week/every other depending on how much money we have to pay the babysitter.  Anyone want to buy a house and support our sitter fund?  Hee, hee, hee - I crack myself up!



First weekend of June we're headed to our cousin Lute's wedding in Galveston, never been there so I'm sure that will be a blast.  I'm also trying to talk my dad into coming that month to hang out with the little man (twist your arm - right dad!?) Gotta at least see Texas once!  It should be nice and HOT for you by then too!!

August we'll be heading to NY for Great Race Weekend... look out Yankees here we come!  We're probably going to be home the 4th - 9th so barring me getting sick (again) we'll be whoopin' it up!

Well, I know this is boring.. but it's my preview for what's to come. So stay tuned... I promise - the blogging will once again resume (WITH pictures) for all my Yankees who feel so far away.

We love you.. and hope sometime VERY soon we will be Skyping, visiting and celebrating being together once again!! Jul

No comments:

Post a Comment